Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ocean Tides Sympathy

Here's my simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. Angella, today's selected stamper, is very talented and creates really detailed, elegant cards--not my typical style--so it took me a while to find one I'd be comfortable recreating in my own style. I ended up selecting this clean and simple sympathy card to base my own card on.

I used Papertrey Ink's Through the Trees stamp set as a replacement for the images from SU!'s Lovely as a Tree stamp set. The tree trio image is stamped in brown, instead of black and white, on an Ocean Tides background. I used layered vellum strips to create the snowy landscape.

The set's "with heartfelt sympathy" sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the card in brown ink. It's accented with a single silver brad. A narrow dark brown satin ribbon is knotted around the top of the card. I omitted the paper piercing around the edges of the card to make it faster--have to get things finished up so I can pay full attention to the USA-Canada gold medal hockey game this afternoon . . .

Materials Used:
Through the Trees stamp set, Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); vellum (The Paper Co.); brown satin ribbon (Target); silver brad (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. OMG, Lori, this is gorgeous! I'm going to CASE it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene card, perfect for the occasion. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! This is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lori. Such simple elegance makes it a perfect sympathy card. I'm like Carolyn, and will be CASEing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori.... as a faithful follower.. this is stunning.. You have outdone yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! I really like the way you used the vellum.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips