Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pink Pair

Even though I'm a single girl and really won't be doing any celebrating today, I couldn't let Valentine's Day pass without one more sweet Valentine. This card was inspired by this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. As soon as I saw Julie's fun inspiration photo, I knew what I wanted to do.

I used the two-step heart tree image from the Sweet Hearts stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps for the focal image. The hearts are colored in shades of pink using Copic markers. I airbrushed over the colored design with a pale pink marker for a soft, subtle pink glow.

I paired the tree image with pink polka dotted paper on a bold pink card base. The tree is matted on that same bold pink paper. I ran a strip of pink grosgrain ribbon along the length of the card. A button-embellished bow is added to the bottom of the ribbon. The "be mine" sentiment, also a two-step image, fits at the bottom corner of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Sweet Hearts stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers, airbrush (Copic); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo cardstock, Loves Me designer paper (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches (EK Success); foam tape


And, here's one more pink card, this time with a more spring like feel. It's not inspired by the Tuesday Trigger, but I figured it fit in this post because of the layout. As I was photographing them, I realized that even though it wasn't planned that way at all, the layout for these two cards was pretty similar, just oriented in a different way. I did the tree card first a day or two before, then created this second card after checking out Mercy's latest sketch challenge.

I used a new Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things for this one. These poor stamps were a victim of the extreme snowfall on the east coast and spent an extra-long time at the post office before arriving safely at my house.

The little girl image is colored with Copic markers and her dress is paper pieced with gingham paper matching the paper that covers the card base. I used my airbrush to add in the grass and a soft blue sky. Instead of adding an embellishment to the edge of the image panel, I used the sentiment, attached with some foam tape.

I paired the image and gingham panel with a daisy border punch and a light pink grosgrain ribbon with a button-embellished bow. The ribbon is zig zag stitched in place to add some interest.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers, airbrush (Copic);Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Memory Box-Layette collection); 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle punches (EK Success); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Daisy border punch (Martha Stewart); Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); sewing machine; foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards. Very sweet images for both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are darling...Single Girls Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, I love the airbrushing around the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are totally adorable! I love the gingham on that sweet PI image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lori!! That tree is just perfect and I love how the airbrushing added a soft feel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lori! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori! What cute cards! I love what you did with the Tuesday Trigger! Great take on that cute photo!

    Betsy Veldman
    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips