Sunday, February 14, 2010

Soft Stone Sympathy

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple sympathy card seen here. I've really been drawn back to the clean and simple look lately. It's the style that comes most naturally to me.

I kept the card's layout the same since that's what drew me to the card. I kept the theme the same, but changed the images used and the color scheme, too. The color scheme I used--pale gray, darker gray, and teal--was inspired by an ad in a CB2 catalog I received a while back. I used Papertrey Ink's Soft Stone along with SU!'s Basic Gray and Taken with Teal for my version.

The focal image comes from PTI's Giga Guide Lines stamp set. This set is so versatile! I stamped one of the medallion images in teal ink and added a silver brad to the center. It's attached to the scalloped gray circle with foam tape.

The scalloped circle is layered on a Soft Stone panel. I stamped the "with sympathy" sentiment from Beyond Basic Borders in Smokey Shadow ink next to it. A piece of knotted silvery gray ribbon runs diagonally across the upper left corner of the card.

Materials Used:
Giga Guide Lines and Beyond Basic Borders stamp sets, Smokey Shadow ink, Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Taken with Teal Classic ink, Taken with Teal and Basic Gray cardstock, 1 3/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); silver brad (Making Memories); silver satin ribbon (Target); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I love your card, I'm a clean and simple person too and this one is perfect for that sad occasion. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips