Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Plant a Tree?

There won’t be any tree planting here any time soon! I still have four foot plus snowbanks in both my front and back yards and anticipate the snow sticking around for quite a while. That didn’t stop me from using this sweet tree image from Unity Stamp Co. for this week’s Fabulous Friday challenge, the first one from the new i {heart} copics group at Paper Craft Planet. This week’s challenge was a sketch. I flipped the sketch on its side to come up with my version.

Before I share my take on the sketch, I want to share some super exciting Copic-related news. i {heart} papers is now carrying the full line of Copic markers (and refills, too)! So, now you can get your markers, too, when you're shopping for your stamps, designer papers, and other goodies. You can get all the details in Kate's post here.

I colored the tree image using Copic markers, of course. I used a combination of YG 03, 05, and 07 for the leafy portion and E99, E37, E35, and E31 for the trunk. The flowers were colored with yellows and blues. I added a tiny bit of Baby Blue Stickles to the centers of two of the flowers, then matted the image on a teal panel.

The tree is paired with some My Mind’s Eye designer paper. I used both sides of the paper—the dot patterned side to cover most of the cardfront and the distressed green/brown side for the panels underneath the image. I added a green corduroy ribbon tab to the side of the image for some texture. Love the look and feel of this ribbon!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Plant a Tree stamp, Copic markers, My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road Stomp "Rock On" Tadpole designer paper, Ranger Baby Blue Stickles, May Arts moss green velvet corduroy ribbon

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips