Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Whee!

I'm still trying to think spring. It's kinda hard to do with the huge snowbanks towering everywhere around me, so I'll have to do it through stamping. I made this spring feeling card using the adorable Pure Innocence Start the Day with Whee! stamp set from My Favorite Things and this week's Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. It's a pretty loose interpretation of the sketch--much looser than my mostly linear, concrete thinking self usually does--but I think it still works.

I stamped the the little girl on a scrap of white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers, then carefully cut her out, staying close to the image borders. She's set on a piece of cloud patterned paper for a spring-y backdrop. The set's sentiment fit nicely underneath the little girl.

I constructed a tree for the little girl's swing using some cardstock scraps. I found a put-aside celery scalloped circle (missing a scallop or two) to use as the tree top. A bunch of circles, embossed with a swirl pattern, are layered on as leaves. The trunk is made from an embossed brown strip, also discarded from another project. I pieced it all together and added a trio of pink rhinestones to the right edge of the card to finish it off. The perfect spring scene--and not a moment too soon!

Materials Used:
Start the Day with Whee! stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper(K & Company-Citronella line); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); D'Vine Swirl and Forest Branches embossing folders (Cuttlebug); pink self-adhesive rhinestones (Darice); foam tape

9 comments:

  1. eek! This is adorable! Love your tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your tree. Very clever. I have two Pure Innocence
    images and love them both. I just made a card with my latest one - You Make the Grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the card but especially love your tree, thanks for the inspiration. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those stamps! Really CUTE card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Lori! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooove your card ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this!! Great minds think alike - you should check out my card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips