Monday, February 8, 2010

Sealed with a Kiss

Today's SCS clean and simple challenge was an inspiration challenge based on the candies in a retro candy store. I took my inspiration from some foil wrapped chocolate lips (well, it is almost Valentine's Day, after all!) and came up with this very quick card--less than 20 minutes, start to finish.

I started by cutting a red scalloped envelope with my Big Shot. This is the first time I've used this little envelope die--so cute! I folded the envelope and adhered the edges and flap so it was completely shut. I stamped the lips from the Love Bug stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps in red ink on a white circle, layered the circle on a black mat, and attached it to the envelope, covering the flap.

I made a square kraft card base for the envelope. A piece of narrow black satin ribbon is wrapped around the base and the envelope is secured over the ribbon at a slant. The set's "sealed with a kiss" sentiment is stamped below the envelope in CSS's black ink.

Materials Used:
Love Bug stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear & Simple Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop envelope die (Stampin' Up!); black satin ribbon (Target); 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle punches (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. I love this one, I must have missed this set, but I really like it a lot! Very cute card, love the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I really like about this card is the envelope. I find it do cute and also so creative.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips