Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simply Grateful

I haven’t pulled out my Kitchen Sink Stamps in a while, but I was feeling inspired by Maki’s latest Crew Challenge. I created this vintage looking card for her challenge to use stamped images to make your own background paper.

I stamped one of the leaf images from the Multi Step Big Leaves stamp set randomly in brown inks on a kraft panel to get my patterned paper. I wanted a soft look, so I stamped off before stamping each step. To further soften the look, I sponged some brown ink along the edges of the panel, then rubbed the edges with some cream ink.

I stitched around the panel with my sewing machine before adding it to the card base. I stamped one more leaf image, this time on a cream panel and in slightly bolder colors. I stamped the “grateful” sentiment from the Multi Step Harvest set overlapping the leaf just a bit. The sentiment is attached to the patterned paper panel along with a strip of brown grosgrain ribbon, embellished with a single coppery brad.

Materials Used:
Multi Step Big Leaves and Multi Step Harvest stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream ink (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Nestabilities); copper brad (Making Memories); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Love your style Lori, simple and chic. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work with this wonderful leaf background, Lori!! I love the fabulous stitching detail!!

    It's great to see you sharing your beautiful design in the Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge!! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the simple elegance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the leaves as your Faux DP. Thanks for playing along with the Kitchen Sink Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips