Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet (Sunday) Treat

I have time for just a quick post tonight since I am getting ready to settle in for 3 hours of Lost. I have been looking forward to the show’s return for a while now and I’m not going to miss a single minute of tonight’s shows.

Here’s my sweet card for this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I used another image from Unity’s January Stampin’ Store Kit, {livin’ and lovin’ life}. I am loving the images in this kit! This time, I featured the heart-themed cupcake front and center. The cupcake is colored with Copic markers and the heart on top is highlighted with Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles.

I matted the cupcake on a red circle, then layered it on a buttery yellow panel embossed with a polka dot embossing folder. I paired the cupcake with a striped paper from Basic Grey’s Sugar Rush collection, machine stitched along the edges. I love the colors and patterns in this collection—but I love some of the other new stuff I saw at CHA even more (like the cutie cat and dog line and the awesome kraft basics line . . .). The new goodies will be available at i {heart} papers soon, so be sure to check in there on a regular basis.

Okay, now I’m off to get Lost . . .

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. January Stampin’ Store Kit {livin’ and lovin’ life}, Nestabilities circle dies, Ranger Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Basic Grey Sugar Rush designer paper, May Arts red faux suede ribbon

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Lipstick Red cardstock (Gina K Designs); So Saffron cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips