Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hey Baby

Today's totally cute baby card serves a dual purpose. First, Starving Artistamps is sponsoring this week’s challenge at the Color Throwdown blog. And, Starving Artistamps is celebrating the impending arrival of our first DT baby! DT member Jenn McMillan is expecting a baby girl shortly and we’re having a card call/challenge in honor of this exciting occasion. For details on how you can join in the fun and be entered to win a prize, check out the SA gallery blog here.

Here’s my clean and simple baby card featuring the challenge colors Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, and Kraft. My original concept was to have a baby crawling on a blanket—blue with pink loop edging. Unfortunately, my Martha Stewart loop corner punch jammed up and died on me in the process. I’m just a little bit unhappy about that . . . So, I had to turn to plan B for my blanket design. I embossed a Soft Sky panel with a polka dot pattern and layered it on a Pink Pirouette mat. The layers were stitched together with my sewing machine.

I stamped the crawling baby Izzy image on white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers, then carefully cut her out. Before attaching Izzy to the blanket with foam tape, I attached some pink foam letter stickers to the blanket, spelling out “hey, baby.” There was just enough room to sneak Izzy on to the blanket. So fun!

Materials Used:
Doodle Factory Oh Baby stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); polka dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); pink foam letter stickers (Queen & Co.); foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Lori! The blanket idea sounded cute... too bad Martha failed on you! (I have to bang one of my Martha punches on the table to release it everytime I punch with it!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips