Monday, March 15, 2010

Boy and Dog, Friends Furever

I guess you could say I have puppies on the brain. I’ll have plenty more to say about that soon, but for the time being, here’s an adorable doggy themed card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. The challenge was to combine one of MFT’s templates with a Pure Innocence image. I just got this cute Boy and Dog image and thought it would be perfect for the challenge.

I downloaded the bone template from the MFT store and got to work. The base is cut from kraft cardstock and the inner panel is cut from cream. I inked the edges a bit to dirty it up. All of Cosmo the crazy dog’s bones looked kinda dirty to me after he’d had his paws on them for a while. The little boy and his dog are both colored with Copic markers and cut out. The boy is attached directly to the cream panel and the dog is attached with some foam tape.

At first, I had a hard time figuring out how to decorate the front of the card. Once I got my idea, it came together pretty quickly. I stretched a piece of wide green grosgrain ribbon across the inner panel and added a button-embellished bow to one end. The bow and button coordinate perfectly with the colors in the boy’s clothing. The “friends furever” sentiment from the Friends Furever set is stamped next to the pair in black ink.

The zig zag machine stitching around the edges of the cream panel was a last minute decision. I'm amazed that my sewing is as straight as it is given all of the curves on this piece!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Dog Gone Cute and Friends Furever stamp sets, bone template (My Favorite Things); Very Vanilla and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Orange Zest button, twine (Papertrey Ink); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver gel pen (Sakura); foam tape; sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. "Doggone" Cute, that's what this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative Lori! Your stitching looks perfect and I love the ribbon! Thanks for playing along this week with WSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too darn cute - OMG!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips