Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Floral Thank Yous

I spent some time over the weekend catching up on my Viva la Verve challenge cards before the end of the month. Here’s my card for last week’s sketch/inspiration challenge. This month’s inspiration room is the kitchen. I chose the modern kitchen with the red walls and wood and black and white cabinets as my inspiration.

I made a pretty simple thank you card based on the sketch. I started by creating the black panel with glossy polka dots. When I looked closely at the inspiration photo, I noticed some accent pieces with dots, so I wanted to include that element in my project. I stamped the polka dot stamp from Verve’s Bountiful Backgrounds in black pigment ink on the black cardstock panel, covered the dots with clear embossing powder, and heat embossed. The glossy dots pop nicely IRL. I added the panel to the right edge of a kraft card base.

For the focal image, I randomly stamped two of the flower images from the Believe stamp set in black ink on a red panel. I matted the panel with white cardstock and added it to the cardfront. The “with gratitude” sentiment from the Thankful Accents set is also stamped on a red panel and layered on white. I added a black satin ribbon with a red button at the center as a fun embellishment.

Materials Used:
Bountiful Backgrounds, Believe, and Thankful Accents stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Basic Black Craft ink, Basic Black, Real Red, and Kraft cardstock, Crystal Clear embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); black satin ribbon (Michaels); Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink)


Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve challenge. I chose the apron with the poppy design as my inspiration piece. In the end, my card turned out to be very loosely inspired by the design—LOL!

I started with a pair of small flowers from Verve’s Grateful Elegance set. This set had fallen off of my curtain rod storage system and slipped behind something. I recovered it over the weekend as part of some spring cleaning in preparation for a big change that’s coming to my house soon (more about that later this week . . .). The flowers are colored with Copic markers and embellished with a teeny, tiny pearl at the centers.

I set the flowers on a dotted paper panel, then added the sentiment in the center. The sentiment’s on a slightly larger circle and popped up with foam tape to add some interest. I layered the panel on an elegant patterned paper from a My Mind’s Eye paper pack. A strip of pink grosgrain ribbon extends from the top of each of the circles to the top of the card. I added a matching knotted piece of ribbon to the top of the sentiment panel to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Grateful Elegance stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Rose Red designer paper (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye, DCWV); 1” and 1 ¼” circle punches (EK Success); pink grosgrain ribbon (?); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Both fabulous cards but I really love the black and red one - it makes a statement. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips