Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Sister Rocks!

Want to know why my sister rocks? She finished a half-marathon yesterday morning! I made this fun card to congratulate her.

My card's based on this week's Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. The jukebox image and sentiment come from Unity's March Kit of the Month, Rockin' it Unity Style. My kit arrived yesterday afternoon and I couldn't wait to ink up some of the cute images! The jukebox is colored with Copic markers. I airbrushed around it to give it a warm glow.

I paired two different patterned papers on the cardfront. Most of it is covered by a red dotted print. The panel on the top has a star-like pattern that's perfect for a congratulatory card. I stitched the star panel to the cardfront with a zig zag stitch for a fun detail. The "you rocked it!" sentiment is stamped in red ink on a yellow panel. It overlaps the image just a bit. I accented it with a fun yellow felt star with a red button center.

Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month-Rockin' it Unity Style (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red ink, Riding Hood Red and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Summer Sunrise cardstock, Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Scenic Route, Jillibean Soup); felt star (American Crafts); sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. great card- can't wait to get my kotm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card, love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card Lori...I have not received my kit from Unity yet..maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done your sister! I'm sure she would be delighted with this fantastic card. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And to think...had I finished 43 seconds earlier, I would have qualified to actually run the marathon (and not just the half!) next year!! I am delighted with my congrats card and the fact the race is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and great coloring, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card definitely ROCKS!! Great job on the coloring...looks just beautiful! Thanks for playing in the sketch challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur coloring is so amazing on this Lori!! I am so impressed with your sister!! Especially since I am an ex (insert sad face here) triathlete with aspirations to run a half marathon still some day! I better get busy training again!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! congrats on top crops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly rocked this card GF! Luv the image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!! Love the colors and the image...sentiment are perfect!! Congrats on Top Crops!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips