Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friends Furever

I missed the little note about needing to use an animal image for this week's sketch at Paper Craft Planet, so I gave the sketch a second try this afternoon. This time, I changed the orientation of the layout for a slightly different look.

I used the adorable boy and dog image from the Friends Furever set from My Favorite Things for the focal image. The image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then carefully cut out. I attached the image to a paper panel with a subtle plaid pattern, bordered with zig zag stitching. A strip of grass, made using a border punch, runs along the bottom of the card to ground the image.

The set's coordinating "friends furever " sentiment is stamped on a coordinating yellow panel. I set the stamped panel in the upper left corner and accented it with a piece of knotted blue ribbon.

Materials Used:
Friends Furever stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Brocade Blue, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Memory Box-Homespun line); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); sewing machine

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips