Monday, March 22, 2010

NYC Inspired

Today's clean and simple challenge on SCS was to be inspired by New York City. I immediately thought of the city skyline and found the perfect image in my collection of images from Starving Artistamps.

I brayered a trio of inks on a glossy white cardstock panel for a sunset-like background. The skyline image from the DoodleFactory Urban set was stamped on the brayered panel. I stamped the image a second time, this time on a piece of gray cardstock. I colored the windows in the buildings with a white gel pen, then carefully cut the buildings out. They're layered on the panel with foam tape.

I layered the image panel on a black mat, then on a gray card base. I added a black grosgrain ribbon tab under the lower left side of the panel. The "wish you were here" sentiment from the DoodleFactory Final Frontier set is in the upper right corner of the image to complete the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Urban and DoodleFactory Final Frontier stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Really Rust Classic inks, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Glossy White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white pen (Ranger); black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. How cute! NYC inspired? Hmmm...reminds me more of Seattle (I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan)...I think it's that tower with the "sphere," NY doesn't have one of those, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great inspired card lori-like the cityscape image-perfect for the nyc challenge

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips