Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wishing You Sunshine and Cheer

I thought the Sunshine Cheer stamp set from Our Craft Lounge was so cute when I saw it at CHA in January. I got it this week from i {heart} papers and inked it up for this week’s OCL sketch challenge. This was a tough one!

I ended up making a sunny scene that spanned the two panels. The clouds and sun are stamped in black ink on the white panels. I colored the sun with Copic markers and highlighted it with a little gold sparkle using a Spica pen. The clouds were masked with Eclipse tape, then I airbrushed in the sky.

I used two papers from Basic Grey’s Kioshi line for the panels on the cardfront. A piece of pretty yellow/gold crepe ribbon is tied around the cardfront as a simple accent. This ribbon is so pretty with its shimmer and slightly crinkled texture.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sunshine Cheer stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00, Y15, Y17, Y38, B91), Copic Gold Spica pen, Eclipse tape, Basic Grey Kioshi designer paper, Creative Impressions Buttercream crepe ribbon

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

5 comments:

  1. Lori, that is so stinking cute! I love everything about this card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! Just makes me smile!! :) Thanks for playing again Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet, I love how you tied the 2 panels together with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips