Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pow!

I've had my eye on the cute Amazing Duo stamp set from The Greeting Farm since it was first released. When I saw it in the TGF Farmer's Market last week, I caved and ordered it for myself. I inked it up for the first time today for this week's SCS sketch challenge.

I stamped the little boy superhero on a white panel and colored him with Copic markers in a pretty traditional superhero bold primary color scheme. Instead of using patterned paper for the panels on the cardfront, I used stamped images and embossing to add interest. The yellow panel is embossed with a star pattern and the blue one is embossed with a dot pattern. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp two of the set's superhero words repeatedly on the red strip that stretches across the cardfront. The colored image is set in the middle using foam tape and is accented with star brads. I think this would make a great little boy birthday card--I just might add a chipboard number for the birthday boy's age to make it a little more personal.

Materials Used:
Amazing Duo stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Ballet Blue, Crushed Curry, and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); star brads (Making Memories); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips