Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sailing By on Saturday

Happy Saturday! It’s the start of my spring break (yay!) and I have a very exciting day ahead of me, a new beginning of sorts. I’ll have more information (and photos) to share about that later, so you’ll want to be sure to check back here later on today. In the meantime, it’s time for a new sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet, hosted by Lynn.

I used the Chicken Girl Design “Sailing By Pirate” digi image from i {heart} papers for my card. The image in printed on the new designed for Copic markers cardstock that Kate has just started carrying. It’s fabulous—it worked beautifully with the printed image (no smudging) and the markers, too!

I made a tiny adjustment to the layout design to fit my image. Instead of adding a scalloped edge extending from the bottom of my image panel, I flipped the decorative edge up on to the image panel. I used two strips of wavy border to make a watery base for the boat. One layer is attached directly to the image panel and the other is attached with some foam tape.

I used two bold patterned papers from October Afternoon’s Night Light Collection Kit for the cardfront. Since the patterns are pretty busy, I kept the rest of the card simple, just adding a piece of red faux suede ribbon to accent the coordinating sentiment.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk032710 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design “Sailing By Pirate” digi image, Copic Cardstock-medium weight, Copic markers (E25, E27, E35, B0000, B000, R14, R17, R81, Y26, C-3, C-5, C-7), October Afternoon Night Light Collection Kit, May Arts red faux suede ribbon

other: Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Have a wonderful day! I'm so excited for you! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love what you've done with the punch to make waves. Will pop back later for your news. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with this card. Adorable. The waves are great. The stamp is great fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips