Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You Rock in Teal

Here's a fun, masculine card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I pulled it together quickly with the You're My Hero stamp set from Taylored Expressions and some bold patterned paper from SEI.

For the focal image I stamped one of the set's guitars on Dusty Durango cardstock scraps and carefully cut it out. The rest of the card is pretty much built from scraps--love when I can do that! I set a Kiwi Kiss panel on the patterned paper piece, then layered a wide teal strip over the left side of the panel. I brought in just a little more green by edging the teal strip with a very narrow, paper pieced kiwi strip. I cut a circle from a scrap of shimmery silver paper and added that to the cardfront, then attached the guitar on an angle with foam tape. The set's "you rock" sentiment is stamped on a Dusty Durango scrap. I added a trio of star brads to fill in the empty space at the top of the green panel, finishing off the card.

Materials Used:
You're My Hero stamp set (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Taken with Teal, Kiwi Kiss, and Dusty Durango cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); designer paper (SEI-Addison line); star brads (Making Memories); circle dies (Nestabilities); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice card and I appreciate if my girlfriend would give this to me ;)).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips