Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1-2-3 Recipe

This week's challenge in the i {heart} copics group at Paper Craft Planet is a recipe challenge. The challenge was to use 3 embellishments, all colored with Copic markers, 2 patterned papers, and 1 image--colored with Copics, of course! I have to admit that this is the only kind of recipe that I like!

I used the adorable Chicken Girl Design Spring Giraffe digi image, printed on medium weight Copic blending cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The image is paired with some My Mind's Eye designer paper. I used both sides of the paper to get the 2 patterns required by the recipe.

I went with three different embellishments for the final part of the challenge. I colored a piece of white ribbon with a Copic marker to get a green shade that coordinated perfectly with my patterned paper. Then, I used a pale red marker to color the pretty tulle butterfly that I set floating above the image's flowers. The final embellishment is a tiny trio of crystals, left over from a larger crystal flourish that I cut apart. It's hard to see in the photo, but I colored them with a blue-green marker and added them to the image panel as the butterfly's trail.

If you're a fan of Chicken Girl Design images, you'll want to check out the design team call posted here. We're looking to add two to five new members to the team working with these fun images created by children's book illustrator Jannie Ho. There's a quick turn around time, so be sure to look right away if you're interested (this Thursday at 8:00 PM EST) in joining the Chicken Girls.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Spring Giraffe digi image, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y11, Y15, YG07, YG21, YG25, BG13, E35, E37, E39, R14, R17, R22); My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary line-Jack and Jill "How Sweet It Is" Kit, May Arts white ribbon, Alexx Kesh ivory tulle butterfly, Zva Creative crystal flourish

other: Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo cute! LOVE the image! :) Your coloring work is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips