Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big Wish

Here’s my card for last week’s Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. This month’s inspiration room is the living room. There were three inspiration photos shared, all with bold colors. I took my inspiration from the room with the green and blue color scheme to come up with this birthday card.

I used one of the sentiments from Verve's new Big Wish stamp set for the focal image. It’s stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink on a white panel. To fill in the empty space on the panel, I used a Nestabilities star die and matching felt to cut out a star. A button, threaded with very narrow strips of green paper, was added to the star as an accent. A small ribbon tab is under the right side of the oval to balance it just a bit.

I used two different patterned papers in coordinating colors for the panels at the bottom of the card. I went with geometric patterns for a sort of masculine look. I really like the look of these bold colors together!

Materials Used:
Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Green Galore and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores ink, Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Green Boutique and Bitty Box Basics patterned papers, Hawaiian Shores felt, Hawaiian Shores button, Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); oval and star dies (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! Great colours together and love the different shapes. Cute button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! Great way to combine all the elements, including the 2 patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips