Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Take 2

I have to start my post by admitting that this is not the original version of the card I came up with for this week’s sketch from Our Craft Lounge. Parts of the card remain the same, but I had a different focal image on the cardfront and just wasn’t happy with it, so after a little reconsideration and reworking, I ended up with this baby card.

I used the giraffe image from the Tree-Mendous Love set for the focal image. I went a little off the norm and colored the giraffe all pink with Copic markers instead of the more realistic yellow. The image is layered on a coordinating pink scalloped oval.

The panels on the cardfront are strips of paper from Basic Grey’s Lemonade collection. On version 1 of the card, they weren’t stitched around the edges, but when I went back and disassembled the card, I decided to add the stitching. I’m glad I did—it really added a nice detail. I wrapped a piece of pale pink crepe ribbon around the card before adding the image panel using foam tape. The “sweet baby” sentiment is slipped underneath the focal image to complete the card. Much better!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tree-Mendous Love stamp set, medium weight Copic cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R81, R83, R85, N-1), Basic Grey Lemonade designer paper, Nestabilities oval, scalloped oval, and petite oval dies, Creative Impressions light pink crepe ribbon

other: Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. What a cute baby card, Lori! Love your coloring of the giraffe image as well as the stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pink little baby giraffe! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips