Friday, April 30, 2010

Meet Ellie-phant

****Scroll down to the next post to see my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair project.****

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was to use an unlinked Bella stamp. I had this cute elephant, Ellie-phant, in my binder full of Bellas, just waiting to be used. I paired the elephant image with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge for this fun birthday card.

The elephant is colored with Copic markers. I used pink and red for the ears for a fun look and to coordinate with the colors I had planned for the rest of the card. I added a tiny rhinestone at the center of the flower on the elephant’s head for just a bit of sparkle. The coordinating sentiment is stamped just under the image panel. I layered the panel on a red big scalloped circle—loving these!

Instead of using paper scraps for the three strips along the side of the card, I used a trio of different color ribbon scraps. I made sure to use different colors, textures, and widths to add interest. What a great way to use up some of the pieces waiting in my scrap basket!

Materials Used:
Amimals Ellie-phant image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle and big scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon, white satin ribbon (Michaels); pink grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. Such a darling card and elephant image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori, love elephants and this one is gorgeous. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips