Monday, April 19, 2010

Living Room Inspired

Over the weekend, I caught up on the last two Viva la Verve challenges. These cards are based on inspiration photos of some great living rooms.

This card is inspired by the colors and patterns in one of the photos. When I saw the pink and green florals, I immediately thought of SU!'s Raspberry Tart designer paper pack. I used two different patterns from the paper pack on my cardfront.

One of the floral patterns is the base for my card. I used a green pattern for the panel along the left side of the card. Since I had a lot of pattern going on, I kept the rest of the panels pretty simple. I stamped the Mother's Day sentiment from Verve's Because of You set in rose ink on a pale pink oval as the focal image. I used a matching pale pink strip across the top of the card. The strip's embellished with a rose ribbon. Instead of using a shaped embellishment at the top edge of the oval panel, I added a pretty bow.

Materials Used:
Because of You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Raspberry Tart designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities); Bow Easy


Here's my card for this week's sketch. For this one, I used the patterns in one photo and the color scheme in another as my inspiration. I love the
monochromatic blue color scheme!

I stamped the medallion image from the Thankful Accents set repeatedly in blue ink on a lighter blue panel. The edges were sponged with the same blue ink for a slightly distressed look. I stitched the stamped panel to a darker blue panel, then set it on the card base. A piece of ruffle-edged satiny ribbon runs along the length of the card.

I stamped the "thank you" sentiment in blue ink on a light blue panel and matted it on a darker blue one, same as on the larger panel. Once I had the panel in place, I attached a matching bow to the top. I added a matching felt flower with a silver brad center to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents stamp set (Verve Stamps); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Soft Sky and Blue Bayou cardstock, felt flower (Stampin' Up!); silver brad (Making Memories); ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips