Monday, April 19, 2010

Super Star Trio

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge was a sketch with three image elements and a sentiment, separated from the image with some type of element.

I went for a masculine look on my card. I used two different size star punches to punch 3 star shaped openings in a kraft panel. To get the stars spaced evenly, I first punched the stars from sticky notes, placed them where I wanted, then punched over the sticky notes.

The stars are filled in with red and blue grosgrain ribbon strips. I love the texture this adds to the card! I added another red grosgrain ribbon strip underneath the stars, accented by a row of paper piercing. The "super star" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's All Star Team Additions stamp set is stamped beneath the paper piercing in navy ink.

Materials Used:
All Star Team Additions stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Not Quite Navy Classic ink, Not Quite Navy and Kraft cardstock, Real Red and Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, star punches (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips