Monday, April 12, 2010

May Happiness Be Your Destination

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge was to take inspiration from some lovely postcard images depicting Mackinac Island, MI. At first I had a hard time deciding what to do, but once I settled on my idea, things came together pretty quickly.

I used the lighthouse image from Unity's March Stampin' Store Kit, Adventures in Happiness. Love the images in this kit! Kate will have the April kit in tomorrow at i {heart} papers--guess I'll need to place my order . . . I stamped the lighthouse on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and carefully cut it out.

The lighthouse is attached to a simple beachy background, made from a combination of light blue and kraft cardstocks. I tore the kraft strips to get an uneven edge, then inked the rough edges with some white pigment ink for a sandy look, then layered them on the background. The lighthouse is stamped on the panel, extending slightly beyond the bottom. I dotted some Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles onto the heart-shaped beams of light coming from the lighthouse for just a bit of sparkle. I used foam tape to attach the colored image to the panel. The coordinating sentiment is stamped in red to the right of the lighthouse.

Materials Used:

other: Real Red Classic ink, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. this is a great cas card-I really like the lighthouse image and the sand scene is creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic card, Lori. What an awesome scene you have created and I love the way your sandy shores look. Great technique!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips