Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Getting Hot . . .

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this cute scallop edged little love note here.

I don't have scalloped square Nestabilities, so my card has a little simpler look due to its straight lines. I used one of the mini images from the DoodleFactory Creatures II stamp set from Starving Artistamps for the focal image. Mini Sprat is colored with Copic markers and his belly's highlighted with some Stickles.

I loved the little hearts stretching above the monkey's head like a thought bubble in the original card, so I made sure to include something like that on my version. I used some pale pink-ish Rain Dot hearts to make the trail of hearts. I inked around the edges of the panel with Crushed Curry ink for a warm look. The sentiment, from the Boudoir Sentiments set, is stamped in red ink using a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.

Don't forget that you can always use the discount code savetenLT for a 10% savings on your DoodleFactory and Starving Artistamps stamp purchases at Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II and Boudoir Sentiments sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Crushed Curry Classic inks, Riding Hood Red and Crushed Curry cardstock, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); pink Heart Rain Dots (Cloud 9 Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips