Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

****Don't miss my post for the Paper Craft Planet/Susana's Custom Art & Card Design Blog Hop here.****

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. It's also for this month's DT gallery at Paper Craft Planet. This month's theme is flowers and showers, so this card is a perfect fit! You can find the gallery here.

I used two images from Unity's March Stampin' Store kit for the image panel. I think this month's kit is one of my all-time favorites! The image is stamped in black ink and colored in pale colors using Copic markers. The cloud was stamped twice so I could cut one out and attach it to the panel with foam tape. I also gave it a light coating of shimmer spray for some soft sparkle. I brought in a little more sparkle by adding some crystals to the centers of the flowerdrops coming from the cloud.

I paired the image with two papers from Basic Grey's Kioshi line, a patterned one and a solid-ish one. A piece of pretty celery crepe ribbon is knotted around the cardfront. The image panel is layered on a blue circle, over the ribbon to finish the card.

Materials Used:

other: Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope it does when it sees this fantastic card. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card, Lori! love the colors and layout! nice!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips