Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fairy Tales Pair

***Don't miss my post for the Paper Craft Planet/Susana's Custom Art & Card Design Blog Hop here.***

Jessica is our host for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. While Chloe the cutie puppy napped this afternoon to recover from yesterday's excitement and this morning's bath, I pulled together this card based on the sketch using images from the Fairy Tales stamp set from Gina K Designs.

I stamped the set's magic wand image on a pink die cut using sparkly silver ink. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the "make a wish" sentiment underneath the stamped image. The cardfront is covered with a pair of patterned papers from a K & Company Valentine's Day themed paper pad. I ran a strip of red grosgrain ribbon across the smaller paper piece and added a button-embellished bow to the center of the ribbon, right at the top of the stamped die cut. The wide striped paper that covers most of the cardfront is kind of busy, so I kept with simple accent at the edge of the die cut panel. I found a red glitter covered star in my stash and added that to complete the card.

If you have a chance to play along with this week's sketch challenge, please upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk040310 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the cards based on this week's sketch for everyone to admire.

Materials Used:
Fairy Tales stamp set, Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, (Stampin' Up!); silver ink (Encore); designer paper (K & Company); Labels 6 die (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white button, twine (Papertrey Ink); glitter star (Petaloo)

And, while I had the stamps out--and Chloe was still snoozing--I thought I'd give this week's StampTV sketch challenge a try. It's been a while since I played along in one of these and this week's was a pretty simple one. I figured I could squeeze it in before Chloe woke up--and I did.

I used one of the set's sentiments as the focal image. It's stamped in gray ink on a white circle. The open heart image is stamped over the sentiment in pink. I used pink ink to sponge around the edges of the panel for a softer, coordinating look, then layered the panel on pink and gray mats.

I used the open heart image again to create a heart patterned panel for the left side of the card. My Stamp-a-ma-jig helped to position the images just right. I used some soft pink heart patterned paper to cover the gray card base, then assembled all of the pieces. The final element was a pink satin button-embellished bow at the lower edge of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Fairy Tales stamp set (Gina K Designs); London Fog ink (Memento); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Pretty in Pink and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); designer paper (DCWV-Madly in Love stack); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); pink satin ribbon (?); Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips