Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Return to Giggle Grove

I combined today's SCS sketch challenge with another of Unity's anniversary challenge for this fun, kind of scrappy card. Unity's challenge was to revisit one of your first Unity sets and if I remember right, Giggle Grove, with its whimsical trees and birds might have been my first set, if not one of my earliest, so I pulled it out for the challenge.

I paper pieced both the tree and the bird image. The tree is pieced with some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and the bird with a scrap of blue cardstock. I stamped both images on the pale blue panel, then layered on my paper pieced images. The tree was purposely set and stamped to extend beyond the panel to add some interest. In the empty upper left corner of the panel, I added a ribbon tab, accented with a wood button.

The card base is made from the same blue cardstock as the bird. I used the reverse side of the same patterned paper I used for the tree for the 4 panels on the cardfront. Quick and so cute, too!

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp set (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Soft Sky and Kraft cardstock, horizontal slot punch (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon, wood button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind's Eye-Quite Contrary line); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lori. Love your use of patterned papers as well as the adorable design! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Love the bird and tree and how you put them on a tag! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips