Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sending You (More) Sunshine

I love the Sunshine Cheer stamp set from Our Craft Lounge! I used it again for this week’s OCL sketch challenge, along with some new Pink Paislee papers I got from i {heart} papers.

I stamped the set’s cloud image in black ink on white cardstock, then masked it with Eclipse tape before stamping the sun image overlapping it slightly. The images are colored with Copic markers and the sky’s filled in with a Copic marker and the airbrush system. I stamped the sun a second time and just colored the center. I spritzed it with some Sparkle Shimmer Spray, then cut it out and attached it to the image panel with foam tape. The panel is layered on a big scalloped circle die cut.

I used a pair of patterned papers from Pink Paislee’s 365 Degrees collection for the panels on the blue cardfront. I ran a strip of solid orange cardstock across the card and tied a shimmery blue ribbon around it instead of using brads as an accent. The colored image panel is layered over this strip. I stamped the coordinating sentiment on a scrap of light blue cardstock and attached it to the card beneath the image panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sunshine Cheer stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Sparkle Pssst! Shimmer Spray, medium weight Copic cardstock, Eclipse tape, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y15, Y17, B0000, B000, B21, R20), Nestabilities circle and big scalloped circle dies, Pink Paislee 365 Degrees designer paper, Creative Impressions light blue glimmer ribbon

other: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips