Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Your Couch or Mine?

Here's a pretty clean and simple card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I was going for a kind of masculine look using some new things from Papertrey Ink.

I used one of the couches from the On My Couch set for the focal image. I love that cute couch image, but cutting it out was a pain, so I was excited to see the coordinating die. It made using the couch so much easier! I cut the image from patterned paper, then stamped the outline image on the die cut piece using black ink. I stamped one of the image from the Background Basics: Woodgrain set in brown ink on a scrap of brown cardstock to make the floor for underneath the couch. The sentiment is stamped directly on the woodgrain piece in cream ink.

The rest of the card is very simple. For the large panel on the cardfront, I used a piece of striped paper from the same collection as the paper I used for the couch. I didn't mat it to keep the number of layers on the cardfront down a bit. A moss strip runs across the card. It's accented with a pair of copper brads and some paper piercing to add a bit of interest.

Materials Used:
On My Couch and Background Basics: Woodgrain stamp sets, Vintage Cream ink, On My Couch die (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa, and River Rock cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Linen Closet Matstack); copper brads (Making Memories); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips