Sunday, April 18, 2010

Totally Rockin'

I haven't stamped with one of my Simple Darlings images from Clear & Simple Stamps in a while, so I pulled out MP3 Darling for a card for Mercy's latest sketch challenge. This is such a fun set and really versatile, too.

I colored the Darling image with Copic markers. The colors coordinate with the blue/green shades found in the pair of patterned papers from SEI's Bridgeport line that I used for the panels on the cardfront. I love the look of the sort of variegated striped paper on the left side of the card.

To keep with the "you rock" theme of the card, I made sure to include a few star elements to the card while sticking to the layout. The striped panel is matted on a coordinating blue panel with a star edge, made with a border punch. I like how the patterned paper shows through the open areas in the stars. Instead of using a circle for the sentiment, I stamped "you totally rock" in black ink on a silver star, then attached the star to the cardfront with some foam tape for a little rock star-like sparkle.

Be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone/iTouch app today for more CSS goodness. I have a card featured on the app today. You can see a teeny, tiny sneak peek of the card in the graphic here. You'll have to visit the app to see all of it and to find out all the details on how I created it.

Materials Used:
MP3 Darling (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Ballet Blue cardstock, large star punch (Stampin' Up!); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (SEI-Bridgeport line);petite oval dies (Nestabilities); Classic Stars border punch (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and love the colors you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome - love all the stars and the striped DP is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips