Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pastel Birthday Princess

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Jessica drew up a fun one with a panel that's split diagonally across the cardfront. She used a Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things for her sample, so I got some inspiration for my card from that. I got my color inspiration from this week's Just Us Girls Challenge.

I used my new Birthday Princess set for the focal image. The image is colored with Copic markers. I used some Yellow Stickles on the candle flames for just a bit of sparkle. I added a pair of pink buttons, threaded with some cream twine, to the upper left corner of the panel, then layered it on a pink mat.

The split panel on the cardfront is made from two patterns from SU!'s Prints Series designer paper collection. I still have tons of paper left over from when this line of designer paper was first introduced. Since some of the colors in it are retiring, I should probably work on using it up . . . Anyway, I cut the papers to get a nice fit on the cardfront, then covered the seam where the two different papers meet with some matching satin ribbon.

I used my Bow Easy (told you I can't put it down!) to make the small matching bow for beneath the image panel. The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of purple paper and attached to the cardfront beneath the image panel.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to upload your card to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk041710 so it can be added to the album with the rest of this week's creations.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Birthday Princess stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Almost Amethyst and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Almost Amethyst and Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer series paper (Stampin' Up!); purple satin ribbon (Wright's); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); buttons (Making Memories); twine (Papertrey Ink); Bow Easy

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lori this is fabulous - adorable image - and lovely work with the colors - I like that diagonal.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate the support. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - what a clever way (and pretty too) to cover the seam! Pretty card and I love the stickles for the flames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori! Great image, love it. Fabulous job on the challenge thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this PI gal...so sweet! Love your card and the diagonal cut! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll what a sweetie she is! What a cute image and I am envious of your copics work. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips