Friday, May 14, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 151

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge—red, curry, and teal. At first, I wasn’t sure about this one—LOL! Once I was done with my card, I decided that I really like how the colors look together.

I used the super cute Clowd from the DoodleFactory Creatures II set from Starving Artistamps as my focal image. Clowd is colored with Copic markers in shades of red and curry-ish, then cut out. I attached Clowd to a teal circle using foam tape.

The sentiment, from the Tropics Sentiment set, is stamped on a narrow curry panel and embellished with a red button at one end. I arranged the pieces on a piece of teal patterned cardstock. The red bow over Clowd’s head was the final touch. The panel is layered on a curry mat, then on a red card base. I thought this would make a fun birthday card.

For more projects using this color combination, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II and Tropics Sentiments sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon--Fly a Kite line); circle die (Nestabilities); red button, twine (Papertrey Ink); red satin ribbon (Target); Bow Easy; foam tape

21 comments:

  1. How cute! The bright colors work wonderfully with the Starving Artistamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! The ribbon is gorgeous and I love the background. This is a 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, those are perfect colors for that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! The image from Starving Artistamps is perfect with those bright colors and I like the background paper a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your focal image is too cute, and I really like the bg paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, your card is excellent. What an adorable and fun image. Beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Lori! I just received some Fly a Kite paper! It's nice to know that it goes so well with Bermuda Bay! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image. Works so well with the background paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the BG DSP- really pretty layout- and I lovve the ribbon too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the main image. He almost looks embarrassed... Awesome use of color, and watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! That image looks so great with the colors this week! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling! I like how the circle of teal pops the focal image right off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun patterned paper....goes perfectly with Clowd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This colors together make such fun cards...and yours is certainly a playful one! Great job with this combo....love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This stamp is a hoot! Luv how you put it together GF! hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those SA stamps are so cute...and you really aced the card with the backgrouond PP...love the combo of this..
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too stinkin' cute!!! I love that image and I love the layout of your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've created a darling and fun card! Great layout and image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips