Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chicken Girl Design Color Throwdown


i {heart} papers is the sponsor for this week's Color Throwdown challenge! This week's color combination is a tricky one: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa. That's a lot of color for one card, but I think I managed to fit them all (or something close) in!

Here's my card featuring the Gator Greetings digi image from the May release. The card is based on Taylor's latest sketch challenge. I printed the gator image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers that coordinated pretty well with the challenge colors. To fit my image, I changed the shape of the image panel to an oval instead of a circle.

I found some tangerine-ish designer paper with a fun pattern in Cosmo Cricket’s Joy Ride collection. I layered that on a saffron mat, then on a tangerine square card base. A strip of light blue faux suede ribbon, cut with a fancy edge runs across the card. I layered the matted image over the top edge of the ribbon, then added a trio of coordinating buttons at the bottom right edge of the image to complete the card. So cute—a perfect birthday card for a little boy!

Be sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog to see a list of other participating bloggers and to find out all of the challenge details.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Gator Greetings digi image, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E25, E27, YG91, YG93, YG95, YR02, YR07, YR16, Y21, B000), Nestabilities petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies, Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride designer paper and buttons, May Arts light blue faux suede ribbon

other: So Saffron and Tangerine Tango cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); twine (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

  1. I know some gator fans in Florida who would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE card, Lori! You rocked the colors, especially with that Cosmo Cricket paper for the background! Glad to have you join us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puts a smaile on my face! CUTE card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Hee...this one made me smile. So cute and fun. Great background paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I think you rocked those colors and the background paper is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I have always loved this little gator---how fun to use the CTD colors!! Perfect! Thanks for playing along!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori! Thanks for participating in the TESC114 sketch challenge! I love the card you created and I selected it as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/05/tesc114-top-crops.html

    And here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

    http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

    Hope to see you at the challenge again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips