Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: Fun with Felt


The theme for this month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop is felt. It seems you’ll find felt just about everywhere in the crafting world these days. PTI’s felt is fabulous—great coordinating colors and nice weight and texture, too.

For my blog hop project, I whipped up a quick felt flower topped bookmark using PTI felt and dies. I started with the Beautiful Blooms II #1 flower die. I used all of the dies in the set to cut a total of 4 flowers (2 of the largest flower) from Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores felt. I layered three of the flowers (small, medium, large) and attached them with a glue made for fabrics to ensure that the layers would stay together. A Simply Chartreuse button is attached to the center for contrast.

I cut a length of Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon to serve as the book marker. One end of the ribbon is glued to the leftover large Raspberry Fizz flower. Once the ribbon was in place, I put more glue on the flower (same side as the ribbon) and attached the stacked flower pieces to it. This sandwiches the ribbon's end between the two layers so it will stay secure through repeated uses. This is such a cute and quick project—great to include with a book or gift card to a favorite book store.

Materials Used:
Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores felt, Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection, Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Fabric Fusion glue (Aleene's)

47 comments:

  1. such a simple and beautiful project.. I'm such a reader.. I need to get busy making some of these! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Definitely steal worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Very cute. Wish my ribbon were that color IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this Lori! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great & wonderful quick gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! as a reader I'm CASing this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I can't wait to make some of these for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Love the suggestion of including this with a book or gift card to a bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a really clever idea! I can see I'm going to be ordering some Beautiful Blooms dies before this night is up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this!! I can see making a few to keep and to give away - THANK YOU for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this.. what a FUN idea!! (and I need a bookmark too! LOL!)
    HAPPY HOPPING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super idea! How nice that would be to present to someone with a gift card to a book store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute--an idea worth remembering! Thanks for mentioning about the second large flower and sandwiching the end of the ribbon--I wouldn't have thought of that myself until the end! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea!! And it's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very CLEVER -- I'll be using this idea one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful bookmark! What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty little book mark! Love your layered felt flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bookmark, great idea and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea!! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! I am always looking around for a scrap of paper for bookmarks LOL!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome!! Gives me an idea to make some for my daughter for her books she is reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea for a bookmark. Wouldn't have thought of that, but it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable! I may have to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea for all the summer reading I have planned! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A great project--I can't have to many book marks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are cute and would make a great little gift item.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now this is a project I am going to have to try. Your bookmark is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful colors. And bookmarks are always needed in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a great idea!!! would love to have this in my books :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice bookmark, that would be a quick project once you decided on the colors. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous project! These would make great stocking stuffers for the grandchildren. I'm saving this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty, and a great gift for a reader. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  33. A bookmark!! What a FUN idea!! Great gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulous bookmark-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet bookmark idea! LOve it! I should make some of these for my girls for summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a great idea!! I love the beautiful blooms die, its my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fun gift...and you could make so many to have on hand! Perfect for teachers, friends, kids...I LOVE this idea! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is a wonderful, creative idea and super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great idea and cute :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Terrific idea! I give bookstore gift cards to teachers all the time. I think that a bookmark would be a great addition. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  42. An easy (and cute!)idea that would look great attached to a card with a large and pretty spiral clip- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the idea of creating a bookmark - very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips