Sunday, May 2, 2010

Keeping it Simple

This week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things was to make a simple card. I think this one, featuring the fun Millie the Mouse image, fits the bill! If you've read my blog for a while, you may remember my ongoing mouse issues over the winter and probably think that there's no way I'd be using a mouse stamp, but this one's just too cute to resist.

I stamped the mouse image on a white panel and colored it with Copic markers in warm shades of yellow with soft pink for the ears. The set's coordinating sentiment is stamped alongside the image. I set the image on a red panel to coordinate with the fun bow on the mouse's tail. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a tiny red rhinestone to the bow for some sparkle.

I paired the colored image with some red, yellow and orange striped paper from a DCWV mat stack. The patterned paper strip is set along the bottom half of a yellow cardfront. A red paper pierced strip runs along the bottom of the patterned paper to add a little interest. I layered the colored image panel on top of the patterned paper panel and attached a yellow button, threaded with some red grosgrain ribbon, to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Millie the Mouse stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower Matstack); gray Glaze pen (Sakura); red rhinestone (KaiserCraft)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips