Thursday, May 27, 2010

Krafty A+

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went pretty simple with this one, using images from the School Notes set to pull it together.

I am loving the look of the new Kraft and Manila papers from Basic Grey's new Basics line. Here, I used a piece from the manila paper pack that had lines like notebook paper to make my own patterned paper. I stamped the set’s “abc123” border image repeatedly over the lined paper using a soft gray ink. The paper panel and matching mat are cut with a Nestabilities Labels 9 die. A piece of red twill is knotted around the fancy panel.

I used a little more of the BG Manila paper on the kraft card base to make a frame for the fancy panel. To help it stand out, I stitched around it with my sewing machine. Since I was battling Chloe the cutie puppy for the sewing machine power cord while trying to operate the machine, I didn't notice until after I was halfway down the first side that the stitching was wonky, so I just kept on going. After finishing the sewing (and safely stashing all cords out of puppy reach), I attached a circle stamped with the “A+” image and embellished with an apple, colored with Copic markers, as a decoration. The apple and the circle are layered on using some of the new Zva Creative foam dots that have just arrived at i {heart} papers. The dots come in two different thicknesses so you can vary the dimension on your projects—love that!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge School Notes stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog inks, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R14, R17, E99, YG05), Basic Grey Basics Manila paper, Nestabilities circle, scalloped circle, and Labels 9 dies, Alexx Kesh red herringbone twill, Zva Creative foam dots

other: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips