Thursday, May 27, 2010

Patterned Silhouette

I wanted to try something a little different with floral silhouette image from the Kind Deeds set from Clear & Simple Stamps. On this card, instead of stamping the solid image on plain cardstock, I tried stamping on patterned paper.

I purposely picked a very subtly patterned paper so that it wouldn’t distract too much from the image. The paper, from DCWV’s Linen Closet Matstack, has sort of a linen-looking pattern on it. I stamped the image in a slightly darker blue ink, then again just slightly offset in a white pigment ink. I was going for a shadowy look, but it really didn’t show much against the soft color of my patterned paper.

Since the image panel was quite large, I kept the rest of the card simple. The image panel is matted on a blue panel, then on a card base that matches the ink I used for the image. I stamped the “you are on my mind” sentiment in blue ink on a small strip and attached it to the cardfront, overlapping the image a bit. A small knotted ribbon piece at the end of the sentiment strip completes the card.

In other Clear & Simple Stamps news, CSS is participating in the Embellish Magazine blog hop that's going on now. Be sure to check out all the details on the CSS blog or on the Embellish Magazine blog.

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze cardstock, Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. Love how this looks against the patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue on blue looks so fab. Stamping on the patterned paper is a super idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips