Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let's Hang Out

Here's my summery card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. This week's sketch is provided by Jessica--I always love her sketches!

I used the new Hangin' Out stamp set from Taylored Expressions for my focal image. This set was concepted by another super-talented--and sweet--Paper Craft Planet Super Nova, Sankari, so I couldn't resist adding it to my collection. I stamped the clothesline posts on the ends of my image panel, then used a piece of twine to connect the posts. In case you want to try this, a Quickie Glue Pen worked well to tack the twine in place.

To ground the clothesline, I stamped the Cloudy Days background stamp over the entire panel in blue ink. I used a border punch to make the grass for the bottom of the panel. The set's cute dress image is paper pieced in a bright, striped pattern from the DCWV Citrus Matstack and added to the little scene with foam tape. The "let's hang out" sentiment fit nicely on the grass strip.

I used two more patterns from the Citrus Matstack on the rest of the card. The orange panel has a coordinating scalloped edge slipped underneath it along with some Gold Pearl Liquid Pearl dots--one of Sankari's go-to embellishments, so I had to include it here. An orange button with a twine bow finished off the card.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to upload it to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk051510 so it can be added to the gallery with the rest of the creations using the sketch.

Materials Used:
Hangin' Out stamp set, Cloudy Days background stamp, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, and Certainly Celery cardstock, corner rounder, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Citrus Matstack); Orange Zest button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips