Saturday, May 8, 2010

Monochromatic Mother's Day

We have successfully completed week 2 of puppy kindergarten. This week we worked on sitting and walking side by side. Chloe the cutie puppy loves playing with her puppy pals in the class! She's pretty fearless and I'm seeing that more and more. She didn't hesitate a bit when she had to weave around big traffic cones during the class--or when she jumped over the edge of the bathtub and joined me in the shower last night--LOL!

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. At first I had a hard time with the sketch--I think that strip running along the side of the large panel was a stumbling block--but once I got my idea in mind, the card came together quickly.

I used the floral silhouette image from Verve's Because of You set for the focal image. It's stamped in River Rock on a cream panel with matching inked edges. The strip that runs down the side of the image panel is made of three monochromatic blue segments.

I layered the sentiment panel, stamped with images from Verve's Happy Thoughts set, over the monochromatic strip and added a matching cream satin bow at the bottom. The cardfront is covered with subtly patterned blue paper that coordinates nicely with the trio of blues on the card.

Materials Used:
Because of You and Happy Thoughts stamp sets (Verve Stamps); River Rock Classic ink, River Rock, Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-The Linen Closet matstack); oval dies (Nestabilities) cream satin ribbon (Target); Bow Easy

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips