Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blue Better Get Better

While I was waiting for my new My Favorite Things goodies to arrive, I pulled out one of my Pure Innocence images for this week’s MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. This week’s challenge was a sketch, so I used it to make a get well card for my sister. She had some surgery on Friday and I figured a bright, cheerful card was in order. I'm planning on hand-delivering this one later on today.

I colored the Pure Innocence Better Get Better cutie in an orange and blue color palette to match the patterned papers I’d selected for the cardfront. The little heart in her hair is colored with an orange Spica pen for some sparkle.

I used a pair of papers from the DCWV Flower Shower matstack for the cardfront. I cut one straight edged circle from patterned paper and one slightly larger scallop edged circle from solid cardstock and cut them in half to form the two panels at the top and bottom of the card. A little paper piercing in each scallop dresses them up a bit. I ran a strip of coordinating ribbon down the middle of the card, then attached the colored image panel. A button-embellished bow completes the card.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Better Get Better stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Orange Spica pen (Copic); Simply Blue-tiful cardstock, Simply Blue-tiful button (Clear & Simple Stamps); Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower matstack); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Lori~! I don't have this PI girl...yet...but I will soon.

    Hope your sister is doing well! I'm sure she'll love this card!

    Congrats on being today's FS on SCS!! Can't wait to CASE you later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lori and I hope your sister is on the mend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lori! Congrats on being the FS on SCS today!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips