Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shabby-ish Fabulous

So, it's not exactly shabby chic, but it's about as close as I can get. My card for today's SCS sketch challenge was designed with shabby chic elements in mind, including a little lace and a button, too.

I used images from Ippity's Right Where You Should Be for the image and sentiment panels. One of the branch images is stamped in River Rock ink on a cream panel. After I stamped, I brushed the edges along my River Rock ink pad for a soft, distressed look. The sentiment is stamped in Baja Breeze ink and accented with a coordinating ribbon tab.

I used soft colors for the rest of the card. The two patterned papers are from DCWV's The Linen Closet matstack. I accented the dotted paper with a strip of cream lace trim and a cream button. It's still clean and simple, but with a few shabby-ish elements, too.

Materials Used:
Right Where You Should Be kit (Ippity); River Rock and Baja Breeze Classic inks, River Rock, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-The Linen Closet matstack); button (Clear & Simple Stamps); lace (Joann); blue grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips