Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summery Stuff

The theme for this month’s Paper Craft Planet design team gallery is summer. You can view the gallery album here. I have two fun, summery cards I made for the album to share this morning.

The first one is for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I paired images from Unity’s Margarita Moments kit with some citrus-y colored papers for this one. I started by stamping the sentiment on a Spring Moss panel using black ink. The pineapple and lime are colored in with Copic markers. For the fancy edged panel extending out from underneath the sentiment, I cut some sparkly citrus patterned paper from my stash using a Nestabilities Labels 9 die.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. The sentiment is layered on a trio of coordinating papers with a ribbon around them. I added a button embellished bow to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Margarita Moments kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, and Spring Moss cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Citrus Mix designer paper (KI Memories); Labels 9 die (Nestabilities)


The second card is a cute little thank you card, made for this week’s CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge to make a one layer card. I made the watermelon image from the Summer set from Clear & Simple Stamps the focal image on the square card. The melon is colored in bright shades to really pop against the white background. I stamped the sentiment in a combination of black and bright pink ink (for the word “melon”) for fun.

I added just a few details to add interest to the simple card. A strip of coordinating dotted organdy ribbon with a matching bow runs along the top of the card. I’ve had this ribbon for a long time and this was the perfect card to use it on! I also added a little paper piercing from the edge of the card up to the sentiment.

Chloe the cutie puppy and I are off to another puppy kindergarten session this morning. I’ll post another project later today while she’s recovering from all the hard work and excitement of her class . . .

Materials Used:
Summer stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (Clear & Simple Stamps); Melon Mambo Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); ribbon (May Arts)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love this graphic design!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's ♥ CAS-tastic Wednesday ♥ One-Layer Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, both cards are tons of fun. I really enjoy the colors and the little extra elements on the watermelon card.

    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-Tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both.. but omg.. that watermelon looks good enuf to eat! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us in this week's ♥CAS-tastic Wednesday♥ One-Layer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is deliciously wonderful! I love the lime polkadot ribbon. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards! That lime polka dot ribbon is soooo perfect for the melon image :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two adorable cards! Thanks for joining us at CAS-tastic Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips