Sunday, May 23, 2010

You're a Natural

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper. I based it on this earth toned birthday card. For my version I kept a turtle as the focal image and used the same color scheme (even the same designer paper line!), but changed the orientation of the card to fit my larger image.

I used a different turtle stamp for the focal image. Mine's from Unity's May Stampin' Store Kit, Naturally You. I stamped the image in brown ink and colored it with Copic markers. The turtle's shell is coated with some Glossy Accents for a glazed look. The "you're a natural" sentiment is stamped underneath the image with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I layered the image on a kraft scalloped rectangle, matching the card base.

Like the original card, I paired two papers from Basic Grey's Origins line for the cardfront. The green floral paper has a scalloped edge for interest. I wrapped a piece of dark brown crepe ribbon around the green paper and added a Bow Easy-made bow at the bottom.

I'm planning to spend my evening in front of the TV, watching the final episode of Lost. Hopefully Chloe the cutie puppy will be cooperative after we take a long walk to get ready . . . I got her to wear a cute bandanna today, so I'll try to snap a picture of her all decked out before she notices it's on and manages to chew it off.

Materials Used:

other: Kraft cardstock, scalloped edge punch (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! What a fun image with a buttefly on the turtle! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips