Monday, May 24, 2010

Chill Out

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge to make a summer themed card. I went with just a tiny bit of stamping on this fresh colored card.

I used one of the adorable Sassafras Lass felties from the Delicious collection as my focal image. The orange felt popsicle has a great summer feel. I attached it to a white circle, matted with a Hawaiian Shores circle to make it pop.

The rest of the card is very simple. I stamped the "chill out" sentiment from the Summer set from Clear & Simple Stamps directly on the orange ribbon using CSS's black ink--my favorite ink for stamping on ribbon. A deeper orange strip with a scalloped edge is beneath the ribbon strip. I added a blue button with a cream twine bow to the end of the panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Summer stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear & Simple Stamps); Aqua Mist, Orange Zest, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Hawaiian Shores button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Delicious felties (Sassafras Lass)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips