Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cool Stars

Here’s my card for Mercy’s latest sketch challenge. I was going for a somewhat masculine look, so I started with some My Mind’s Eye double sided star/grid paper and worked from there.

I used the more subtle grid pattern to cover most of the cardfront, then cut another piece of the paper for the panel layered over that, flipping it to show the star pattern. The star paper is matted on a darker blue panel with a border punched star edge.

I stamped one of the stars from Verve’s Polka Stars set in Crushed Curry ink. It’s a pretty close match for the paper’s yellow star. I punched out the star and layered it on a blue circle. The “you’re so cool” sentiment from the Celebrating You set fits nicely below the star. I matted the circle on another circle with pinked edges to go with the pointy edged star. I wrapped a piece of matching dotted ribbon around the star paper panel to bring in just a bit more yellow to the design and complete the card.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with my blogger challenge project and a brand new photo of Chloe the cutie puppy.

Materials Used:
Polka Stars and Celebrating You stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Blue Bayou and Crushed Curry Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock, large star punch, Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Brilliant "A Boy Is" Reach for the Stars/Blue Graphic Paper designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); Classic Stars border punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape; sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Super fabulous! Love the colors, the star paper and the polka dot star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips