Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Congratulations on Your New Home

Here’s my card for this week’s Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. I used one of the digi images from the June Chicken Girl Design release, available exclusively at i {heart} papers, for the card.

The New Home digi image is printed on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added an airbrushed sky behind it (with the help of Chloe the cutie puppy, who was chewing my airbrush’s hose while I worked . . . something about the braided hose really interests her for some reason I can't figure out) and some Glossy Accents to cover the windows for a glass-like appearance.

I left plenty of room at the right side of the image panel to add a pretty ribbon embellishment. I stretched a piece of olive crepe ribbon over the panel and added a matching bow with a brown corduroy brad at the center.

The colored image is layered on a coordinating piece of Basic Grey’s Origins designer paper. I used another piece of Origins paper for the grid-patterned scalloped strip underneath the image. The earthy colors in the papers were perfect for finishing a warm-feeling new home congratulations card.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design New Home digi image, Couture Cardstock white medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y18, YG11, YG13, YG17, E35, E37, E39, E99, B0000, B21, YR16, YR24), Ranger Glossy Accents, Creative Impressions olive crepe ribbon, Bow Easy, Zva Creative brown corduroy brad, Basic Grey Origins designer paper

other: Old Olive cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips