Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Enjoy the Ride

Susanna shared a great, simple sketch for this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. The one new stamp set I picked up over the weekend at my visit to the Great American Scrapbooking Convention and two not-so-local stamping/scrapping stores was perfect for the challenge.

I have a “thing” for bunnies, so I had to have the Joyride set from The Cat’s Pajamas with its fun bunny image. The bunny on a scooter was a great fit for the set’s large round panel. It’s colored with Copic markers. Instead of coloring them in, I added a few sparkly rhinestones for the scooter’s lights. To ground the image, I drew in a road beneath the scooter and added a soft sky background with my airbrush.

I stamped the set’s coordinating “enjoy the ride” sentiment on a circle panel and added it to the image panel, dressed up with a button-embellished bow. I switched the sentiment from the right side to the left to work better with my image, but otherwise stuck to the sketch.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk062610 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
Joyride stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Bashful Blue cardstock, (Stampin’ Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); circle punches (EK Success); red satin ribbon (Target); button, twine (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips