Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beautiful Blooms Birthday

Here's a pretty simple and pretty bright birthday card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I wanted to play with some new stuff (stamps, papers, inks) so I flipped the sketch and pulled these elements together for a fun card.

I stamped a trio of flowers from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms II set in three different inks on the left side of a white panel, leaving space along the bottom of the panel for a large-ish sentiment. Each flower has a tiny rhinestone at its center for a little sparkle. I used the birthday sentiment from the Enjoy the Ride set along the bottom of the panel--love the combination of fonts here!

I paired a dotted and a striped paper from the Beautiful Blooms designer paper pack for the panels on the cardfront. To break up the boldness of the red polka dotted paper just a bit, I ran a strip of blue ribbon down the center and added a button-embellished bow to the top. So fun--I may just make up a few of these with different color schemes and different images . . .

Materials Used:
Beautiful Blooms II and Enjoy the Ride stamp sets, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, and Pure Poppy inks, Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores satin ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)

4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this card! I LOVE those colors together, they all look so beautiful! Your panel is perfect, not too much, not too little...just right!! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Jen! There isn't one thing out of place or something I would change!! It is perfect....the colors, layout, everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is fabulous. Love all the colors ... kinda like "BAM!" Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips